The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP) promotes sustainable and equitable transport worldwide. ITDP is a nonprofit organization headquartered in New York City with offices in Africa, Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States. ITDP’s programs focus on bus rapid transit, urban development, non-motorized transport, travel demand management, shared mobility, and transport policy. More information about ITDP can be found at
• Manages multiple consultants in support of the TOD work.
• Leads TOD projects through all development phases. Executes detailed regulatory plan, detailed construction plan, and preliminary conceptual master plan.
• Communicates the goals and strategies of the TOD Office to diverse audiences.
• Builds relationships with partners and stakeholders.
• Provides TOD expertise to partners and stakeholders, from best practices in TOD to project-specific technical assistance.
• Bachelor’s degree in urban & regional planning, urban design, architecture or related field AND 5 years or more of progressively responsible experience in real estate development, including finance, market analysis, and project management, as well as demonstrated experience in land use planning and/or Transit Oriented Development with a public and/or private agency.
• Knowledge of national procedures and funding related to urban planning.
• Computer skills, including AutoCAD、Photoshop、Illustrator、InDesign、office.
• Skilled in oral and written communication. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, or Council members.
• Demonstrated ability in advanced negotiation, consensus building, and alternative dispute resolution.
• Strong design skills and overseas studying or working experience preferred.
To apply, please send a resume and portfolio to email@example.com with “Senior Urban Designer” in the subject line.